Innovative methodologies for global health systems strengthening
09/10/2018 - 13:00 to 17:00
Exhibition Centre Room 19
The George Institute for Global Health invites you to a skills-building session as part of the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. The session will cover two major areas of global health systems and policy research: implementation, design, and evaluation of complex interventions, and equity analysis.
The session will be chaired by Professor David Peiris, Director of Health Systems Science at The George Institute for Global Health and University of New South Wales (UNSW). Contributors include:
- Dr Shobhana Nagraj, Clinical Research Fellow and DPhil candidate, University of Oxford
- Huan Chen, Head, Women’s/Children’s Health Programme, The George Institute for Global Health China
- Dr Devaki Nambiar, Program Head of Health Systems and Equity, The George Institute for Global Health India
- Virginia Wiseman, Associate Professor of Health Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine/Kirby Institute, UNSW
- Dr Elizabeth Millett, Epidemiologist, The George Institute for Global Health, University of Oxford
- Associate Professor Puhong Zhang, Associate Director of The George Institute China and Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW
- Janani Muhunthan, PhD Candidate and Research Fellow (Health, Economics and Law) of The George Institute for Global Health, UNSW
- Associate Professor John Ataguba, Director of the Health Economics Unit, Department of Public Health & Family Medicine, University of Cape Town
Come along to gain an understanding of tools and approaches that go beyond typical monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and are mindful of the political, economic, social, and cultural sensitivities involved in health systems reform.
Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP here to secure your place.