Environmental Sustainability Commitment
The George Institute for Global Health’s mission involves thinking innovatively to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges. Sustainability goes to the heart of the Institute’s mission, because improving the health of the planet improves human health.
Our values articulate the fundamental beliefs and behaviours of our staff and organisation. With these values the Institute is conscious of its corporate and social responsibility. The Institute embraces the opportunity to work with its staff and visitors to improve all aspects of its operations, with a commitment to decrease its carbon footprint and become more environmentally sustainable.
Our Commitment: The Institute acknowledges that its activities may have a negative impact on the environment. By reviewing these activities the Institute is seeking ways to reduce its impact on the environment. The Institute is doing this by:
- Promoting awareness of the Institute’s environmental impact;
- Taking practical steps to reduce it;
- Reducing energy consumption;
- Minimising pollution;
- Partnering with environmentally sustainable organisations;
- Procuring environmentally sustainable products; and,
- Promoting REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE to better manage waste.
Our Partners: As a CitySwitch signatory, The George Institute has committed itself to improving our energy and waste efficiency.