Policy & Advocacy Advisor (UK and Multilaterals)
- Full Time (1 FTE) opportunity
- Fixed term contract to 30th June 2023, with possibility of extension
- Hybrid working arrangements available (expected in West London office 1-2 days per week)
- New role with growing team at respected global research organisation
- Opportunity to make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Policy and Advocacy Advisor (UK and Multilaterals) to join our growing organisation and make a real impact on global health outcomes.
The Policy and Advocacy Advisor will join a global team working across policy, advocacy, stakeholder engagement and thought leadership activities to increase the impact of the institute’s research. The position holder will divide their time between a programme of advocacy and engagement with multilaterals and other global health organisations (50%), and policy engagement and advocacy in the UK (50%), where TGI works in collaboration with Imperial College London.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of an advocacy and policy engagement strategy in the UK, aligned with strategic research priorities
- Supporting a programme of engagement with multilaterals including the WHO and other UN agencies, global health organisations and advocacy networks
- Leading engagement with UK government, health bodies, NGOs and other stakeholders to increase the impact of TGI’s research
- Conducting advocacy activities focused on the UK and multilaterals such as the G7 and G20, including through advocacy networks
About the candidate:
You will have at least five years’ experience of advocacy, policy influencing and strategy development in the global health or related sectors, and will be comfortable conducting high-level stakeholder engagement, including with multilateral agencies and government. You will have experience of building strong, mutually beneficial partnerships to achieve impactful outcomes, and a track record of developing and implementing successful strategies to achieve change.
You may have experience of working in an NGO, an academic research environment, or at a multilateral organisation. An understanding of relevant policy issues in the UK and globally, and/or experience of engaging with relevant UK Government departments will be an advantage.
Key capabilities include:
- An ability to think strategically and be creative in forging opportunities and partnerships
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in representing TGI, and influencing stakeholders internally and externally
- An ability to interpret and communicate complex research findings and policy issues
To view the Position Description, please follow the link.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits, including additional leave provisions and learning opportunities.
The closing date for applications is midnight 12th December 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.