Director, Global Chronic & Critical Conditions Program
Exciting new senior leadership role for an outstanding global clinical researcher
The George Institute for Global Health comprises 700+ people worldwide, all of whom are focused on improving the health of millions worldwide. We are an independent medical research institute affiliated with leading universities worldwide.
The George Institute will soon embark on its 2025 strategic plan. The three core priorities will underpin this plan:
- Finding better treatments for the world’s most important health problems
- Transforming primary healthcare to deliver better health to more people
- Harnessing the power of governments, markets and communities to improve people’s health
The appointee will be responsible for global leadership of the Global Program related to the Strategic Priority “Finding better treatments for the world’s most important health problems”. The priorities for this Global Program include:
- The design and conduct of high-quality clinical research on treatments for common chronic and complex conditions.
- The development of new, scalable treatments for common chronic and complex conditions in high- and low-income settings.
- The development of more efficient approaches to generating reliable evidence about treatments for common chronic and complex conditions.
The incumbent will work with our excellent global team of clinical researchers on:
- Increasing the revenue in support of this Global Program of research
- Increasing the quality and quantity of research being conducted
- Increasing the quantity and quality or research outputs, including influential publications
- Ensuring maximum impact of the research outputs on policy and practice
This post is for an initial 3 year term. Ideally, the preferred candidate will be located in one of the Institute’s worldwide offices but this may be negotiable.
We are seeking a leading clinical research with particular experience in large-scale global clinical trials and/or drug development. The appointee will have strong strategic skills, a collaborative and engaging style and global outlook. Strong leadership with a passion for our mission and a focus on disadvantaged communities globally is required.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Country: Location: Flexible
Application close date: 22/07/2019